What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- ‘Magical Thinking and Authority’ by Kevin Carson Apr. 8, 2014
- Dallas PD Despite Sweeping Evidence of Assault Took Four Months to Arrest Accused Corporal Apr. 2, 2014
- Don’t Bully Teens, Joel Burns — Leave Vapers Alone Mar. 26, 2014
- Why Wendy Davis Is No Supporter of Women Mar. 24, 2014
- What Not to Say After a Self-Defense Shooting Mar. 20, 2014
- Parkland Hospital CEO’s $1.1 Million Salary Mar. 17, 2014