What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- What I Saw at the Open Carry Tarrant County Demonstration Jun. 1, 2014
- Ramsey Kanaan: Anarchism Is More than an Idea May. 27, 2014
- Open Carry Groups Changing Tactics May. 27, 2014
- Imagining a Market Without Capitalism May. 10, 2014
- Update: Dallas Judge Sentences Rapist to 45 Days Because Victim Wasn’t a Virgin May. 6, 2014
- Recap: 2014 Global Marijuana March in Fort Worth (VIDEO) May. 4, 2014