What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- Arlington City Council’s Covert Free Speech Restrictions Nov. 2, 2014
- Recap: Will Schnack Book Release (VIDEO) Oct. 12, 2014
- Whatever Gov. Perry Plans We Can Plan Better Sep. 25, 2014
- Event: 2014 SFL Dallas Regional Conference Sep. 24, 2014
- Rockwall Voters Asked to Fund Real Estate Speculators (VIDEO) Sep. 22, 2014
- Dalworthington Gardens Withholding Checkpoint Policies and Records Sep. 18, 2014