What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- Advice to Graffiti Activists May. 19, 2013
- Giving a Lesson to a Teacher May. 9, 2013
- Recap: Peaceful Streets Project DFW (05/03/2013) May. 5, 2013
- Chaplin’s ‘A King in New York’ May. 4, 2013
- Concerning Social Justice Apr. 8, 2013
- Drug Testing for Benefits Is Offensive and Counter-Productive Mar. 25, 2013