What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- Tyrant Joe Arpaio Fundraising in South Lake Sep. 2, 2014
- Importance of Black Open Carry in South Dallas Aug. 28, 2014
- Former LEO: Recording Makes You a Suspect Aug. 27, 2014
- Arlington PD Seeks Tolerance for Oppression Aug. 2, 2014
- What I Saw at the Open Carry Tarrant County Demonstration Jun. 1, 2014
- Ramsey Kanaan: Anarchism Is More than an Idea May. 27, 2014