What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- Unsafe Main Street Construction Site in Fort Worth Feb. 2, 2014
- Arlington PD Confronts Copwatchers to Impede Filming Feb. 1, 2014
- Fort Worth PD Claims Homeowner Reached for Gun Before Being Shot, Officer Not Indicted Jan. 31, 2014
- Judge Overturns Ruling to Remove Children from Custody of Homeschool Parents Jan. 9, 2014
- Tarrant County Peaceful Streets Project (01-04-2014) Jan. 5, 2014
- Tarrant County Jurors Scolded for Refusing to Convict Jan. 2, 2014