What: 1919 Hemphill, a local DIY collective, is hosting a screening of the documentary “For the Bible Tells Me So” (2007) as part of its long-time movie series Conscientious Projector.
A recipient of numerous international awards, the film documents the turmoil Christian families with a gay child face and “sometimes tragically fail to handle,” according to the film’s website.
Director Dan Karslake attempts to show that “Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible.”
Attendance is free and donations are accepted.
Thursday, Sept. 23, at 7 p.m. It has been rescheduled for Thursday, Oct. 14, at 7 p.m.
Where: 1919 Hemphill Street, Fort Worth, TX 76110
- Against the Open Carry Macho Flash Nov. 19, 2013
- Richardson High School Students Object to Misogynist Speaker Nov. 19, 2013
- Well, the National Anthem Is a War Anthem Nov. 14, 2013
- Kennedale Police Misrepresent Stop and ID Law (Open Carry) Nov. 11, 2013
- Police Reportedly Hounding Anti-Debt Activists Nov. 7, 2013
- No Surrender to the Welfare State! Nov. 3, 2013