Speaking of the influences that the Occupy movement’s practices achieved, anarchopac [above] said, “In that of itself, in which people are becoming libertarian without being conscious of the fact that they are being libertarian, so by being less authoritarian in the manner in which they relate to people, they are transitioning themselves from perhaps center to a more libertarian idea.”
On first though, I’m less optimistic that it would always be a success if another political movement adopted libertarian practices, as anarchopac seems to suggest later. My concern would be that ostensibly adopting libertarian practice may be reformist measure meant to sustain the existing political dynamics.
- Arlington PD Seeks Tolerance for Oppression Aug. 2, 2014
- What I Saw at the Open Carry Tarrant County Demonstration Jun. 1, 2014
- Ramsey Kanaan: Anarchism Is More than an Idea May. 27, 2014
- Open Carry Groups Changing Tactics May. 27, 2014
- Imagining a Market Without Capitalism May. 10, 2014
- Update: Dallas Judge Sentences Rapist to 45 Days Because Victim Wasn’t a Virgin May. 6, 2014