I attended an orientation of the Riverside Community Time Bank and was introduced to a few of the members. In the video below, Analiese Hill introduces the concept of a time-based currency.
Josiah Warren, a 20th century individualist anarchist, is credited with creating one of the first time-based currencies in America. These local exchanges allow for people of all backgrounds and interests to participate. In addition to the economic advantages of these grassroots mutual aid networks, they can also enrich the relationships of people in the community.
It’s a growing organization still in need of supporters to help spread awareness of mutual credit. A planning meeting will take place Saturday, Jan. 19. Further logistical details will be available on the group’s Facebook page.
- Unsafe Main Street Construction Site in Fort Worth Feb. 2, 2014
- Arlington PD Confronts Copwatchers to Impede Filming Feb. 1, 2014
- Fort Worth PD Claims Homeowner Reached for Gun Before Being Shot, Officer Not Indicted Jan. 31, 2014
- Judge Overturns Ruling to Remove Children from Custody of Homeschool Parents Jan. 9, 2014
- Tarrant County Peaceful Streets Project (01-04-2014) Jan. 5, 2014
- Tarrant County Jurors Scolded for Refusing to Convict Jan. 2, 2014