I attended an orientation of the Riverside Community Time Bank and was introduced to a few of the members. In the video below, Analiese Hill introduces the concept of a time-based currency.
Josiah Warren, a 20th century individualist anarchist, is credited with creating one of the first time-based currencies in America. These local exchanges allow for people of all backgrounds and interests to participate. In addition to the economic advantages of these grassroots mutual aid networks, they can also enrich the relationships of people in the community.
It’s a growing organization still in need of supporters to help spread awareness of mutual credit. A planning meeting will take place Saturday, Jan. 19. Further logistical details will be available on the group’s Facebook page.
The People March For The 2nd Amendment
Oct. 3, 4 to 6 p.m.
Say No To War
Oct. 4, 1 p.m.
William Schnack Book Release
Oct. 11, 3 to 4 p.m.
OCTC October Monthly Meeting
Oct. 13, 6:45 p.m.
SFL Dallas Regional Conference
Oct. 18, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
Dallas Marijuana March
Oct. 18, 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Fort Worthy Anarchy Mini-Conference
Oct. 19, 3 p.m.
- Recap: Will Schnack Book Release (VIDEO) Oct. 12, 2014
- Whatever Gov. Perry Plans We Can Plan Better Sep. 25, 2014
- Event: 2014 SFL Dallas Regional Conference Sep. 24, 2014
- Rockwall Voters Asked to Fund Real Estate Speculators (VIDEO) Sep. 22, 2014
- Dalworthington Gardens Withholding Checkpoint Policies and Records Sep. 18, 2014
- Tyrant Joe Arpaio Fundraising in South Lake Sep. 2, 2014